Technical Manager (Full Time) – Hurghada, Egypt
United Marine Egypt is expanding
leading RoRo and Passenger operator in the Red Sea with four (soon five) owned vessels. Our focus is on safety and operating top of the range maintained vessels enabling us to provide a first-class solution and service to our clients.
UME seeks to strengthen our team with a Technical Manager to be based in our office in Hurghada, Egypt.
The Technical Manager will have overall responsibility for the technical performance of UME’s fleet as well as being an important link between sea-going staff and shore-based staff.
For this position, the ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of experience working as a manager within the marine technical field or as a merchant navy engineering officer or equivalent with strong knowledge of vessel’s machinery, propulsions systems, alarm systems, etc.
You will have an important role to make sure our vessels are operating in the safest and most efficient way.
We are looking for a dedicated ‘people’s person’ with strong integrity and a passion for ‘details’ and of course fluent in English.
Basic computer skills with strong proficiency level in Microsoft office is required.
The Technical Manager is overall responsible for the technical performance throughout UME’s fleet.
- implementation and execution of planned maintenance and quality systems
- Provide supervision and technical support for shore/sea based technical personnel
- Ensure implementation and execution of planned maintenance and quality systems
- Claims handling and insurance co-ordination
Safety & Operations
- Promote and assist in the enforcement of the Company`s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality policy to Employees.
- Assist in the control and maintenance of ISM systems
- Carry out safety audits according to the schedule and regular inspections of the vessels
Purchasing & Administration
- Overall control and management of purchasing requirements of the workshops and fleet
- Overall responsible for purchasing, including vendor selection & cost control
- Ensure effective inventory management practices are implemented and followed throughout the fleet
The job will also require significant travel when required.
Market leading packages available of the right candidate.
We look forward hearing from you.