Contract Manager - Hong Kong
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a fleet of over 250 ships trading worldwide. Our team comprises about 4,100 seafarers and over 350 shore staff in 12 key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
CONTRACT MANAGER - HONG KONG
- Good memory, passion for detail, innate ability to quickly identify differences between similar situations.
- Assertive and confident. High level of English proficiency.
- Dry bulk chartering and/or operations background is essential. Legal background helpful.
- Strong with handling multiple bits of information and prioritizing work independently.
- Good at collecting and analysing data and working in an organized manner.
- Happy to proof-read and check voluminous documents and information for accuracy.
- Be able to overcome objections or challenges diplomatically.
- Accept that this role exists to support commercial teams and not dictate what they can or cannot do.
- Be comfortable challenging opinions held by others and be able to take charge in unsupervised situations.
- This role reports to the General Manager, Contract Management, who is based in London
- Chartering and operations colleagues will be the chief internal customers of this role.
- Overall responsibility for the commercial integrity and consistency of charterparty clauses.
- Continuous review of commercial agreements to ensure uniformity and user friendliness.
- Add value to commercial dispute resolution.
- Remain up to date on new case law and other relevant legal developments.
- Assist in making good commercial decisions while safeguarding company interests, balancing customers’ needs.
- Work closely with in-house insurance and legal teams on dispute resolution matters.
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your business performance, but also on the basis of your business behavior. Cultural fit and adherence to Company values is of paramount importance. Attractive remuneration and good benefits will be offered to the chosen candidate. Please apply with a full résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also apply by WhatsApp to +852 6117 6848. Please make sure there is a covering message and specify the position for which you are applying.
Application deadline: 11 April 2021
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.