Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a fleet of over 250 ships trading worldwide. Our team comprises about 4,100 seafarers and over 350 shore staff in 12 key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
CHARTERING MANAGER - SANTIAGO
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Chartering professional with minimum 6 years’ international operations and chartering experience.
- Knowledge of demand and supply trends for cargoes, particularly in the South America region.
- Working relationships with brokers, cargo interests and ship operators in South America is prefered.
- Previous experience with maritime business software systems such as IMOS.
- Dynamic, self-motivated and ambitious team player with a proven track record in chartering.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers, brokers and other key industry stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills - English and/or Spanish language proficiency is required.
- Negotiation and fixing of spot cargoes and COAs with financial responsibility for fixtures.
- Managing all aspects of chartering operations such as the procurement of cargoes and the preparation of charter party documentation.
- Rating all possible business within authority levels set by the company.
- Focusing on all operating opportunities.
- Forming and sharing freight market views.
- Assist the team with cargo/tonnage scheduling as well as marketing cargo/tonnage to wider market.
- Manage and develop (with supervision) a portfolio of customers both existing and new with the scope of continuing and developing long term customer relationships.
- Work closely with other offices in the Pacific Basin group.
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your business performance, but also on the basis of your business behavior. Cultural fit and adherence to Company values is of paramount importance. Attractive remuneration and good benefits will be offered to the chosen candidate. Please apply with a full English résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also apply by WhatsApp to +852 6117 6848. Please make sure there is a covering message and specify the position for which you are applying.
Application deadline: 14 April 2021
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.