CHARTERING MANAGER – NASSAU & SINGAPORE
About The Campbell Group
The Campbell Group of Companies, headquartered in Nassau, The Bahamas maintains a global footprint with offices in Mumbai, Singapore, and Yangon, is involved in every aspect of the shipping industry. The Group offers investment management services, vessel asset management services with an extensive expertise in the provision of technical and crewing services for a variety of maritime assets including dry bulk, cargo, and cruise vessels. The Group is also a significant dry bulk cargo operator transporting dry bulk commodities around the world.
With its philosophy of “Employee Focus – Client Driven” and retention and development of talented individuals as one of its corporate objectives, the Campbell Group provides an exciting opportunity for individual to realize their potential and participate in the company’s growth.
The company is currently looking for the following position based out of Nassau and Singapore respectively:
Position Chartering Manager
Location Nassau, The Bahamas & Singapore
Reporting Line Director
This role will be fully responsible for performing/supervising all fixtures and post-fixtures activities for bulk vessels chartered by the Company. He or she will develop and maintain a system to provide the Company with up-to-date visibility of all bulk chartering performed. The Chartering Manager will keep in constant contact with charterers, owners, trading houses, brokers and report regularly to the Chartering Director about actual positions, freight markets, trends and analysis. He or she will introduce best practice methods and or adjust existing processes accordingly. He or she will prepare reports for the Board.
- Chartering for owned vessels and chartered tonnage
- Develop new business in regards to cargo contracts or tonnage
- Negotiating charter parties with charterers/operators/brokers
- Executing charter parties with charterers /operators/brokers
- Making charter party details available to post fixtures and masters; Instruct the Master of the vessel about fixture recap (excluding the costs) and charter party proforma.
- Measuring and reporting third-party service provider performance.
- Maintaining files of all vessels chartered by the company
- Preparation/Controlling/Managing hire statements/invoices including freight, demurrage and dispatch claims utilizing company software. Hire/voyage recoveries.
- Reporting fixture results. Voyage accounting, including comparisons against the charter party estimates, on completion of the voyage and when the voyage file is closed, including analysis of variances.
- Developing and maintain chartering operating procedures.
- Supporting the ongoing and development of a safety and excellence culture
- Make a complete voyage plan and estimates
- Checking stowage plans / dead weight calculation
- Developing and mentoring peers and direct reports
- Networking and engaging with key stakeholders to raise profile of the business
- Work closely with Technical Managers to ensure that the fleet has as many tradable days as possible
- Correspondence with P + I Club including attending claims until arbitration
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong negotiator and ability to outperform market levels
- Team player who has the discipline to work along and meet pre-defined deadlines
- Ability to achieve results in a demanding and challenging environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to use initiative and problem solve
- Determination to grow within the business
- University degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in dry bulk chartering
- Experience in similar chartering position
- Knowledge of shipping cargoes and familiar with all related laws and regulations
- Good network within the shipping industry
- Fluent in English
- A plus – existing knowledge of IMOS software.
If this sounds like the right role for you please click the “Apply” button to send in your application to us. You can also send across your resume, salary expectation and contact details to the HC Manager at email@example.com