Price Reporter, Tanker Markets
- S&P Global Platts
- London (Remote during COVID)
The Role: The Price Reporter (Associate Editor) for EMEA Tanker Markets is a reporter who takes responsibility for day-to-day reporting on the shipping and freight markets in the Western hemisphere. The Associate Editor in this position is responsible for every aspect of market reporting, including the collection and publication of primary market information, running an assessment process, assessing the value of a variety of freight markets, reporting market-related news, writing commentary and analysis, contributing to methodology development and engaging with market sources.
The Impact: The Associate Editor will be reporting on the crude oil tanker freight markets, with his/her assessments having a direct impact on some of S&P Global Platts’ highest-profile benchmark prices. The editor will look at pricing freight across vessel sizes, from the largest VLCC tankers to the smaller, more versatile Handysize ships. A firm grasp of global crude oil tradeflows is essential.
- Assess freight markets: The editor in this position assesses the value of a defined set of shipping and freight markets, accurately and fully in line with our rigorous and well-known methodology.
- Write high-quality market commentaries: The editor is responsible for writing commentaries associated with his or her assessments.
- Report news about the markets: The reporter is responsible for reporting news and analysis relating to his or her market.
- Engage with the industry: The editor is responsible for engaging with market sources around the region, including those who are not regularly in the Market-on-Close assessment process.
- Knowledge or experience of Tanker and/or Crude Oil markets
- Preferably two years of relevant reporting or analytical experience (new graduates will be considered with appropriate skills training)
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to perform well with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Excel a big plus
- Second language preferred
TO APPLY: Only candidates who apply via the S&P Global Workday portal can be considered: https://spgi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SPGI_Careers/job/London-UK/Price-Reporter--Tanker-Markets_261898
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.