LNG Shipping Operator
Novatek Gas and Power Asia Pte. Ltd., Singapore, Zug Branch is currently looking for an experienced Shipping operator with focus on LNG to join our dynamic trading team in Zug, Switzerland. This is a key role in the global LNG operations structure, working in close corporation with teams in Zug and Singapore taking part in Novatek’s growing business in the LNG industry.
JSC Novatek owns 51% of a small-scale LNG plant in Vysotsk and has an offtake agreement for about 300,000 tpa. The volumes are expected to be distributed within a Baltic and North West Europe range.
As a Shipping Operator your key responsibilities will be to operate around 2 to 3 small scale LNG vessels. Executing daily operations with due consideration to voyage planning and fleet optimization in relation to production schedules, post fixture, and customer focus and communication. From time to time support operation of large scale LNG ships.
Additionally, we expect you to:
• Have quick and correct attention to queries from your colleagues
• Keep profit/loss calculations fully updated at all time
• Calculate and present voyage related claims to counterparties
• Provide feedback on how to constantly improve our business
• Take the lead in various operational projects
To hit the ground running we expect you to have a minimum of four years hands on operational experience preferably from a charterer/trading entity, in addition to a relevant shipping education, with specific knowledge on LNG carriers and their trades. A Master or Chief ticket from LNG carriers is preferable but not a necessity.
It is of importance that you have experience with terminal compatibility processes, LNG ship operation, intake calculations, charter parties and terms as well as industry standards. Additionally, you have insight into the technical aspects of a vessel, both related to the dimensions and flexibility as well as cargo handling and equipment.
You are fluent both in written and verbal English, including maritime vocabularies. As a person, you are energetic and thrive in a fast-paced environment where daily work routines are constantly challenged by the changing tasks.
Furthermore, we expect that you are:
- Able to work flexible hours when work calls for it
- A team player – always think team before individual
- Engaged in dialogues and discussions internally as well as externally to continuously improve performance
- Motivated when being empowered to make decisions
- Ready to participate in the 24/7 mobile duty divided with our Singapore office
- Salary and other benefits in terms with company regulations
- Opportunity to get experience in a niche market
- Mentorship from industry professionals
- Chance to join growing team and contribute to company`s success
We would be happy to consider your application, please, send your CV to Olga Palonen (HR Manager), email Olga.Palonen@novatek.com.sg.