Western Bulk (WB) is an asset-light dry bulk operator and freight trader, operating a fleet of about 100 -150 Supramax and Handysize vessels. The company combines highly commercial trading skills with technology, advanced analytics and risk management to succeed in an extremely competitive and global shipping market.
Western Bulk is headquartered in Oslo, and has offices in Singapore, Seattle, Santiago (Chile) and Casablanca (Morocco).
For more information, see www.westernbulk.com
Western Bulk is seeking a Chartering Manager to join the commercial team in Oslo. As a Chartering Manager your responsibilities will be:
- Source and execute vessel and cargo contracts in the market
- Develop and grow trade strategies
- Maintain and evolve customer relations
- Seek new trade possibilities
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the following qualities and qualifications:
- Highly commercial with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Like to take initiative, set ambitious goals and to be held accountable for your actions
- Reliable and resilient with a strong ability to bounce back after setbacks
- Unafraid to challenge status quo
- Rare talent for negotiation and for building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to easily connect with and relate to people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Good with pattern recognition, numbers and with an interest to apply IT tools to assist your decision-making
- 2 – 5 years experience from chartering, preferably within dry bulk
Western Bulk can offer a result-driven, transparent and highly flexible workplace with a flat structure and progressive culture that reflects the Scandinavian heritage of the company.
More search results
WE ARE HIRING Experienced Shipbrokers
Tanker Data Analyst – Part-Time and Full-Time app…
Howe Robinson Partners (UK) Ltd
Legal Counsel - Chartering & Operations (Hong Kon…
Pacific Basin Shipping (HK) Limited
Director of Sales
NHST Media Group
Broker (Gas / Chemical), London
Zodiac Maritime Ltd.