Senior Executive, Industry Liaison
Gard is the largest P&I club in the International Group and one of the largest marine insurance groups in the world. To help our members and clients manage risks and their consequences, we actively engage with the wider marine insurance and shipping industries in the pursuit of viable and effective insurance solutions for shipowners globally.
To strengthen our voice within our industry we are looking for a new colleague to join our Industry Liaison team in London. The team is responsible for Gard’s industry relations, in particular the crucial liaison role as Gard’s representative to the International Group of P&I Clubs.
What will be your role?
Senior Executive, Industry Liaison is a highly influential role within Gard. You will act as special advisor to the Gard Group Leadership Team (GLT) on International Group (IG) and other industry matters. Your reporting line will be to the Vice President for Legal and Corporate Affairs - Industry Liaison, however you will work closely both with the CEO and the rest of the GLT.
- You will be an influential and respected voice for Gard in industry matters with an ability to liaise effectively with the most senior levels of other P&I clubs, marine insurance companies and industry organisations.
- You will be instrumental in shaping Gard’s future strategies and policies in industry matters.
- You will be responsible for implementing industry-related policies and decisions in the Gard organisation.
- You will work across teams and functions in Gard to raise the awareness of our participation in industry organisations and projects.
- You will act as a key contact for Gard’s members and clients in industry-related issues.
- You may be asked to attend Gard Board meetings to report on industry matters including relevant legislative developments, and to outline and anchor Gard’s industry initiatives.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Who are you?
- You have high professional capabilities in the insurance and liability aspects of the maritime industry, including key legislation and regulations.
- You have several years of experience and will be a known and respected professional to your peers in the maritime industry.
You have the ability to establish and maintain a strong network of contacts at senior levels within International Group clubs, industry bodies, members and the wider maritime industry.
You articulate excellent English both verbally and in writing – clear, succinct and precise.
You are a professional ambassador with a proven track record of influencing others to collaborate towards effective solutions.
You are an experienced, hard-working, self-driven, pragmatic strategist.
- You may be a shipping/insurance lawyer, or a senior executive of a P&I Club or other marine insurer, shipping or industry organisation.
More search results
Laytime Manager- Germany
Chartering and/or Operation Manager
Grain Compass Kft
Shipbroker – Towage & Salvage / Offshore Charteri…
Marint (Offshore Services) Ltd,
Dry Bulk Trade Operator (M/F/D)
Koch Fertilizer International Limited
Supramax Trader, Geneva
SwissMarine Pte. Ltd., Geneva Branch