Alpha Bulkers is a ship management company specialising in the management and operation of large dry cargo vessels. The company currently operates a fleet of 31 large bulk carriers, ranging from Panamax to Kamsarmax to cape size vessels and is overseeing the construction of two eco-newbuilding Newcastlemax vessels.
Alpha Bulkers is looking to strengthen its freight trading team by employing an additional chartering executive.
This role is to handle physical trading and includes evaluation of spot and longer-term business, with risk assessment and management. The environment is dynamic and fast paced with a great deal of opportunity to establish and build relationships with third parties. There is significant room to grow in this role.
- Pricing and executing spot and short term charter Contracts
- Pricing and executing longer term Contracts
- Negotiating Charterparty terms, both voyage and time charter
- Building and managing customer relationships
- 8+ years commercial experience in dry bulk
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluent oral and written English
- Highly motivated and entrepreneurial
- Attention to detail
- Risk management