Marine Technical Advisor
Sol has an immediate vacancy for the following position of Marine Technical Advisor.
Marine Technical Advisor
Reporting to the Supply Marine Manager, this position will have overall responsibility for all technical marine matters associated with safe transportation and delivery/discharge of marine cargo. This responsibility includes oversight of all shipping and mooring/berth infrastructure of Sol-owned and 3rd party terminals.
• Subject matter expert (SME) for vetting Sol chartered vessels and spot hires transporting Sol products as well as third-party vessels using Sol’s berthing/mooring facilities including liaison with ship/barge owners.
• Sol representative and liaison with all relevant authorities such as harbor masters, coast guard, river authorities, others.
• Responsible for developing and executing a fulsome marine audit (including OCIMF audit) and assurance program.
• Responsible for planning and ensuring execution of technical designs of mooring/berthing systems including review of relevant hydrographic surveys, marine charts, etc. in collaboration/consultation with Sol’s Infrastructure Group and/or outside SMEs.
• Owner of Capex/Opex budgets for marine-related infrastructure.
• Custodian of all marine technical records for vessels and berthing/moorings and related infrastructure and responsible for developing and following up on maintenance programs of such.
• Review and update all protocols, standards, procedures, work instructions and needed training related to the ship-to-shore interface and in collaboration with Sol’s Operations Excellence, HSE and country Operations teams.
• Develop and oversee protocols that ensure safe and reliable custody transfers at each vessel interface.
• Issue solver for operational matters impacting vessels or ship-to-shore interfaces.
• Advisor to marine incidents, investigations and HSE related issues. Support role in marine emergency response including organizing and implementing training and exercises to test the effectiveness for emergency procedures. Act as liaison with and contract owner with OSRL.
• Any other duties, compatible with the level of position that may be assigned from time to time.
• Foreign going Master UK Class 1 certificate or equivalent with at least two years as Master or Chief Officer or
• Naval Architect, Marine Engineer, or a similar qualification from an accredited institution with at least five years’ experience in a senior Marine Technical Advisor role.
• Experience with offshore mooring systems, design, and maintenance.
Other Competency Requirements:
• Working knowledge of the petroleum industry.
• Ability to work in a core team, collaborate in cross functional project teams and work autonomously on projects and initiatives.
• Growth mindset with strong analytical skills.
• Competence to make timely decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
• Strong work ethic, high level of enthusiasm and ability to excel in a flexible, fast paced environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written, verbal) and deliver professional presentations.
• Strong proficiency on MS suite of products.
Sol promotes a drug and alcohol-free environment, and employees may be subject to initial and random screenings. In addition to basic salary, the successful applicant shall be eligible to participate in the Sol Group Pension Scheme and its Group Health and Life Insurance Scheme.
For more information or to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.solpetroleum.com. Application Forms can be downloaded and must be submitted along with your CV on or before 30 November 2021 with email subject line: MARINE TECHNICAL ADVISOR. Certified copies of relevant certificates will be requested for those applications under consideration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.