HR Advisor (Bergen)
Gearbulk is an international shipping group providing high quality transportation services for various industrial sectors. Founded in 1968 by Kristian Gerhard Jebsen in Bergen, Norway, the company is 51% owned by the Kristian Jebsen family, and 49% owned by Mitsui OSK Lines, based in Japan. In 2017 Gearbulk and Grieg Star established the joint venture G2 Ocean with headquarters in Bergen, Norway.
The group operates the world’s largest fleet of open hatch vessels, specifically designed and equipped to transport unitized cargoes such as forest products, steels and non-ferrous metals and project cargo. Gearbulk is also involved in the transportation of conventional bulk cargoes and in terminal operations.
With an exciting future ahead, we are looking into expanding our Global HR team by adding a new position to our core HR team based in Bergen, Norway.
The right candidate is a HR generalist with 2-5 years of operational HR experience, able to handle most HR processes within the employment cycle. You will look after our shore personnel based in Norway, supporting your manager with case handing in all other Gearbulk locations as required. You will actively participate in our global projects and HR initiatives, gradually taking the lead for key process and becoming superuser for our HR system delivered by CatalystOne.
To succeed in this role you will need the following:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Legal or Business Management Degree
- 2-5 years of hands-on HR experience, preferably gained in an international environment
- Good operational knowledge of Norwegian employment law
- Experience delivering reports based on HR Analytics, translating data into strategic insights
- Proficient user of HR IT systems
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, verbal and written
To thrive in our inclusive work environment, you can relate to the following:
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have mature disposition
- You are hands-on, hardworking and effective, able to work within given timescales
- You have experience of working in a multi-cultural and international environment
- You believe in and drive teamwork, collaboration, and knowledge-sharing
- Ability to inspire and challenge to optimize work processes and systems
- You are flexible, pro-active, and well organised
- Competitive benefit package
- International, intercultural, and collegial working environment
- Professional growth with personal development plans and access to learning environment and platform
Does this sound interesting?
Please submit your CV and a cover letter by Sunday, 13th of February, via our GDPR compliant recruitment portal accessible on our company website. Kindly refrain from submitting CVs by email, these will be deleted. Please indicate where you heard about this job opening in your cover letter.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Anna Spence, Senior Global HR Manager