Starbulk S.A. is seeking a Crew Operator to be based in Athens:
- Selects qualified crew according to all standard operating procedures and guidelines of STCW & flag state- vessel requirements and plans their assignment on specific vessels.
- Maintains personal medical and training records as well as certification data for all vessels’ personnel.
- Arranges all visa / immigration formalities needed in order to ensure their safe embarkation or disembarkation via communication with agents and/or manning agencies.
- Administers all necessary traveling (i.e., ticketing, visa, immigration etc.) of crew and/or superintendents.
- Plans crew changes at convenient ports.
- Enters all crew-related information into company’s database.
- Arranges Skype interviews and briefings.
- Deals with accounting crew matters concerning monthly home allotments / SOA / FWA / cash advances / MPOs.
- Checks invoices / DA / SOA regarding crew expenses.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline, preferably in shipping.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Crew Operator at a shipping company, preferably with bulkers.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills.