Starbulk S.A. is seeking a Technical Superintendent to be based in Athens:
- Organizes and implements courses of action for matters of technical nature arising onboard vessels.
- Instructs, coordinates and monitors works / repairs.
- Follows up on the maintenance status, condition and operation of assigned vessels and co-operates with the crew, in order to ensure that assigned vessels are operating in a safe and efficient manner.
- Attends vessels and periodically sails on-board to ensure the technical condition of the equipment.
- Monitors and verifies vessel’s performance, supervises repairs, reports findings, follows-up closure of defects etc.
- Provides training and technical advice to shipboard personnel, as necessary.
- Implements effectively preventive maintenance of ship’s hull, main machinery, deck machinery, etc.
- Monitors Class and Flag State requirements and plans required surveys accordingly.
- Deals with any damage repairs or modifications, preserving the vessels commercial competence.
- Monitors all technical problems, major defects and follows-up, until corrective action is verified.
- Controls and monitors the lub-oil and bunker quality and consumption.
- Prepares repairs / conversions, dry-docking, special surveys, damage and voyage repairs, and specifications and supervises the execution of all such works.
- Attends delivery of new acquisitions.
- Degree in Marine Engineering / Naval Architecture and minimum 6 years of office experience or Chief Engineer’s license, minimum 3 years of sea service as Chief Engineer and 1 year of office experience as Superintendent Engineer.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Travel mobility.