Chartering Manager - Hong Kong
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a fleet of over 250 ships trading worldwide. Our team comprises about 4,600 seafarers and over 365 shore staff in 13 key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
CHARTERING MANAGER - HONG KONG
- Dry Cargo Physical Freight Sales & Chartering.
- Based in Hong Kong. We may consider high caliber candidates to be situated in other Asian Cities, but who are prepared to relocate to Hong Kong in the future, if required.
- A commercial freight professional who is a skilled sales person and deal maker.
- Has more than 3-years’ relevant experience of Dry Cargo Physical Freight and Chartering, gained in a trading company, Industrial (freight buy or sell side), broking or ship owners/operators.
- Good knowledge of Pacific dry bulk trades.
- Dynamic and ambitious team player with a proven track record in physical dry cargo physical freight trading and chartering.
- Able to work independently and comfortable taking commercial risks within given parameters and authority.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers, brokers, other key industry stakeholders as well as internal PB teams.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills. English language proficiency is essential.
- Reporting to heads of Pacific Handysize and Supramax chartering in Hong Kong.
- Selling physical freight, and Pacific Basin Dry Cargo shipping services.
- Assisting in executing commercial strategies, marketing and business development within the Pacific region.
- Manage and cultivate relationships of existing / new customer, and brokers.
- Proactively develop solutions for customers, and deliver high levels of service performance to customers.
- Conduct business transactions with transparency and a high level of integrity, while protecting Pacific Basin financial interests, brand and image.
- Research, plan, manage and coordinate commercial transactions with internal stakeholders such as technical, port captains, operations, legal.
- Take Financial responsibility for fixtures/voyage execution, and contracts, negotiating protective contract terms and conditions.
- Strive to optimize voyage efficiency, report results, and provide operational/customer follow up.
- Timely internal upward reporting of commercial problems, disputes and customer complaints.
- Participate in collecting, sharing of freight market information across the global commercial team.
- As and when required, support and cover other team members’ commercial/freight and chartering activities, including charter out / charter in, voyage calculations and report writing.
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only based on your performance, but also based on your behavior. Cultural fit and adherence to Company values is of paramount importance. Please apply with a full résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We only accept CVs in pdf format. You may also apply by WhatsApp to +852 6117 6848. WhatsApp is for application only, not for follow up communication. Please make sure there is a covering message and specify the position for which you are applying.
Application deadline: 5 June 2022
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.