Western Bulk (WB) is an asset-light dry bulk operator and freight trader, operating a fleet of 100 -150 Supramax and Handysize vessels. The company combines highly commercial trading skills with technology, advanced analytics and risk management to succeed in an extremely competitive and global shipping market. WB seeks to offer flexible, high-quality ocean freight services to its customers, leveraging on its global trading pattern, relationships and operational expertise. Through its constant presence in the various regional and local freight markets, WB gains valuable market intelligence that it uses to take positions in the market – trying to identify and benefit from short term price variations, trend breaks and arbitrage opportunities. Moreover, value is created by constantly seeking to optimise the scheduling of vessels and cargoes, reducing ballast time and finding ways to operate voyages as efficiently as possible. Each of WB's six Commercial Teams operate as decentralized profit centres, using ships, cargoes and derivatives for directional play and arbitrage in the market. Risk management is a central part of WB's trading model, and the company also invests heavily in the use of technology and advanced analytics for decision support and market forecasting. Western Bulk is headquartered in Oslo, and has offices in Singapore, Dubai, Seattle, Santiago (Chile) and Casablanca (Morocco).
For more information, see www.westernbulk.com
Western Bulk is seeking a Chartering Manager to join the commercial team in Oslo.
The Chartering Manager role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Source and execute vessel and cargo contracts in the market
- Develop and grow trade strategies
- Maintain and evolve customer relationships
- Business Development
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the following qualifications and qualities:
- 2 – 5 years experience from chartering, preferably within dry bulk
- Highly commercial with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Like to take initiative, set ambitious goals and to be held accountable for your actions
- Reliable and resilient with a strong ability to bounce back after setbacks
- Unafraid to challenge status quo
- Rare talent for negotiation and for building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to easily connect with and relate to people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Good with pattern recognition, numbers and with an interest to apply IT tools to assist your decision-making
- Self-driven and with the ability to work independently and proactively
- Excellent communication skills
Western Bulk can offer a result-driven, transparent and highly flexible workplace with a flat structure and progressive culture that reflects the Scandinavian heritage of the company.