Chartering Manager - London
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a fleet of over 250 ships trading worldwide. Our team comprises about 4,600 seafarers and over 365 shore staff in 13 key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
CHARTERING MANAGER - LONDON
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- Chartering professional with minimum 6 years’ international operations and chartering experience.
- Knowledge of demand and supply trends for cargoes, particularly in Altanic region.
- A thorough understanding of the operational practices, policies and strategies of international ship chartering;
- Previous experience with maritime business software systems such as IMOS.
- Dynamic, self-motivated and ambitious team player with a proven track record in chartering;
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers, brokers and other key industry stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills, English language proficiency is essential.
- Candidates are eligible to work in United Kingdom.
- Executing PB Dry Cargo shipping services under the authority given by the relevant Segment Managers (SM): Selling of physical freight (spot/forward bookings and COA’S), vessel chartering in/out, and operating;
- With existing/future US Gulf team members, and under the guidance of the relevant London SM for the Atlantic markets:-
- Assist in forming and executing commercial strategies, marketing and business development principally within the US Gulf region and/or other areas within the Atlantic.
- Manage and cultivate long term relationships of existing/new customer, and brokers.
- Proactively develop solutions for customers, and deliver high levels of service performance to customers;
- Conduct business transactions with transparency and with a high degree of integrity;
- Always protect Pacific Basin financial interests, brand and image;
- Research, plan, manage and coordinate commercial transactions with internal stakeholders such as:- Technical Department, Port Captains, Operations, and Legal;
- Take Financial responsibility for fixtures/voyage execution, and contracts, negotiating protective contract terms and conditions;
- Strive to optimize voyage efficiency, report results, and provide operational/customer follow up;
- Timely internal upward reporting of commercial problems, disputes and customer complaints;
- Follow internal protocols for systems use, data entry and risk management systems;
- As and when required, and in support of business development, and for customer service, arrange/attend local meetings and overseas travel;
- Participate in the collecting, and sharing of freight market information across the global commercial team;
- As and when required, support, and cover other team members commercial/freight and chartering activities, including vessel charter in/out, run voyage calculations, reports writing and support on operational issues.
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your performance, but also on the basis of your attitude and behavior. Cultural fit and adherence to Company values is of paramount importance. Attractive remuneration and good benefits will be offered to the chosen candidate. Please apply with a full résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. We only accept CVs in pdf format. You may also apply by WhatsApp to +852 6117 6848. WhatsApp is for application only, not for follow up communication. Please make sure there is a covering message and specify the position for which you are applying.
Application deadline: 10 July 2022
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.