Experienced Operations Executive
Multimax Shipping Pte Ltd is a dry bulk operator based in Singapore. Specialising in liner and tramping services, we primarily focus on the maritime industrial movements of bulk cargo, such as coal, granites, aggregates, salt, steel, general cargo, specialised and project cargo (for example, wind power/gas, oil rig equipment etc).
We are expanding our team and are looking to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
EXPERIENCE OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING | THE ROLE
- Familiarization of Voyage and Time Charter contracts requirements pertaining to his/her voyages and manage post fixture matters.
- Proper voyage planning with the objective to optimize time saving and revenue, reduce costs, gather all required information.
- Elaboration of (optimal) bunkering plan.
- Providing timely and detailed instructions to the masters of his/her fleet.
- Appointing and instructing agents, surveyors, stevedores, weather routing company in a timely manner.
- Managing Voyage; i.e., monitor proactively all participants and initiate pre-emptive or corrective action whenever required.
- Preparing freight billings, approving payment of hires and miscellaneous vendors invoices.
- Ensuring the full voyage accounting including closing voyages.
- Monitoring the issuance and on-forwarding of all cargo documents.
- Enforcing the company’s operational security, environment policies.
- Working closely with our contract partners and maintaining the company’s high service standards and reputation.
- Performing other varied tasks, including post-voyage analysis (financial and statistical), maintaining IMOS VIP
WHAT YOU BRING | THE PERSON
The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a Fleet Shipping Operator
- Sea-going experience is an asset
- Knowledge of the bulk /mpp shipping industry
- Knowledge of Maritime Operating System such as IMOS, a preferred asset
- Organized, fast worker, possessing the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Inquisitive and logical
- Results driven and strong problem solver
- Ability to control costs and understand maritime law
- Ability to build relationships and develop trust
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Flexible to work outside of office hours when necessary
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and or other collaboration technology tools
- Honesty, integrity, commitment to professional excellence, regard for employees and corporate responsibility define our values.