Multimax Shipping Pte Ltd is a dry bulk operator based in Singapore. Specialising in liner and tramping services, we primarily focus on the maritime industrial movements of bulk cargo, such as coal, granites, aggregates, salt, steel, general cargo, specialised and project cargo (for example, wind power/gas, oil rig equipment etc).
We are expanding our team and are looking to recruit a suitable person for the below mentioned role to be based in Singapore. We may consider high caliber candidates to be situated in other Asian Cities, but who are prepared to relocate to SGP in the future, if required.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING | THE ROLE
- Reporting to heads of Pacific Handysize and Supramax chartering .
- Selling physical freight, and Dry Cargo shipping services.
- Assisting in executing commercial strategies, marketing and business development within the Pacific region but not limited
- Manage and cultivate relationships of existing / new customer, and brokers.
- Proactively develop solutions for customers, and deliver high levels of service performance to customers.
- Conduct business transactions with transparency and a high level of integrity, while protecting company financial interests, brand and image.
- Research, plan, manage and coordinate commercial transactions with internal stakeholders such as technical, port captains, operations, legal.
- Take Financial responsibility for fixtures/voyage execution, and contracts, negotiating protective contract terms and conditions.
- Strive to optimize voyage efficiency, report results, and provide operational/customer follow up.
- Timely internal upward reporting of commercial problems, disputes and customer complaints.
- Participate in collecting, sharing of freight market information across the global commercial team.
- As and when required, support and cover other team members’ commercial/freight and chartering activities, including charter out / charter in, voyage calculations and report writing.
WHAT YOU BRING | THE PERSON
The ideal candidate has:
- A commercial freight professional who is a skilled sales person and deal maker.
- Has more than 2-5 years’ relevant experience of Dry Cargo Physical Freight and Chartering, gained in a trading company, Industrial (freight buy or sell side), broking or ship owners/operators.
- Good knowledge of spefial in Pacific dry bulk trades.
- Dynamic and ambitious team player with a proven track record in physical dry cargo physical freight trading and chartering.
- Able to work independently and comfortable taking commercial risks within given parameters and authority.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers, brokers, other key industry stakeholders as well as internal teams.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills. English language proficiency is essential.