Star Bulk (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. is seeking a Technical Superintendent to be based in Singapore:
- Interfaces between the ship and the office on technical matters and requires to be thoroughly familiar with the maintenance, condition and operation of each vessel calling Singapore, ensuring that the vessels performs according to company’s safety management system (SMS).
- Coordinates with the technical team in the Athens & Cyprus’ office and follows up with any pending repairs and maintenance of vessels calling Singapore, arranging third party services.
- Assist in assigning local repair shops, and attend workshops to inspect parts/equipment under repairs.
- Attends vessels calling Singapore and reports on the condition to ensure that they are always adequately prepared for any inspection.
- Check the local market for competent and qualified workshops/yards and service providers.
- Works closely with the relevant Technical Superintendent in Athens/Cyprus to monitor any technical issues of the vessels’ operation, as well as their performance and follows up accordingly.
- Proposes and initiates corrective actions when such performance is not compliant with the Company’s standards.
- Coordinates with other departments on the collection of necessary documentation and in order to safeguard the company’s best interest and achieve optimum vessels’ performance.
- BEng in Marine/Mechanical Engineering / Naval Architecture and/or Class A Engineer Certificate.
- Minimum 3 years of experience at a similar position in a shipping company with bulk carriers.
- Previous sea-going experience on bulk carriers will be considered an asset.
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant field will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player ability to cooperate with various people from different departments and companies.
- Travel mobility