Star Bulk (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. is seeking a Marine Superintendent to be based in Singapore:
- Arranges marine inspections of vessels calling Singapore ports to inspect them on PSC items, deck maintenance and cargo hold preparedness.
- Issues job order lists and reports the attendance findings to the Marine Managers and the Marine Safety and Quality Manager.
- Works closely with the Marine Managers and the S&Q Manager to be prepared about outstanding or pending items on board vessels that are scheduled to attend Singapore.
- Monitors incoming emails from the fleet, so as to ensure that vessels’ inquiries or needs are attended and comply with the company’s safety and operational standards.
- Pursues the developments related to local rules and regulations, conventions, the IMO, flag administrations, class societies and other industry requirements and environmental issues that are associated with the SMS.
- Coordinates and liaises with the Marine Safety and Quality team in Athens, as well as with other departments.
- Monitors, stays abreast and informs the MSQ department and the company about changing legislations, international requirements or other developments in the marine industry.
- Captain Class A License.
- Minimum 2 year of sea-going experience as a Master on-board bulk carriers.
- Previous experience at a relevant position of a shipping company with bulkers will be considered an asset.
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant field will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English with good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Team player ability to cooperate with various people from different departments and companies.
- Experience in handling dry vetting and third party inspections (PSC, USCG, P&I, Charterers etc).
- Ability to Travel mobility.