Star Bulk (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. is seeking a Fleet Operator to be based in Singapore:
- Checks the fleet’s prospects and follows up with the Operations team in Athens for vessels that are scheduled to trade in the Far East.
- Appoints cargo surveyors, bunker surveyors and port agents and arranges or assists to arrange other services, as required.
- Checks and approves hire statements or freight invoices including lay-time calculations.
- Checks all required documents and bunker requirements for vessels that will trade in the Far East to ensure smooth voyage performance and compliance with Charter party (C/P) provisions and international and local rules and regulations.
- Provides chartering fixture vessels information, questionnaires and voyage data.
- Interfaces with agents and port authorities.
- Communicates to Masters voyage instructions, port requirements, local regulations, cargo requirements and precautions and ship’s C/P description.
- Stays alert on critical operation deficiencies, if any, in line with the Company’s Safety Management System.
- Responds to the needs of the crew and monitors any issues that may arise, regarding the charter party execution.
- Captain Class A license and minimum 2 years office experience as Fleet Operator or undergraduate studies in a relevant field and 15 years office experience as Fleet Operator at a shipping company with bulk carriers.
- A post graduate degree in a relevant field will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English with good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills, market knowledge and commercial awareness.
- Travel mobility.