Research Analyst - London / Hong Kong
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a fleet of over 250 ships trading worldwide. Our team comprises about 4,600 seafarers and over 365 shore staff in 13 key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position. The seniority of the position will be adjusted based on the experience of the candidates.
RESEARCH ANALYST - LONDON / HONG KONG
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience in or knowledge of dry bulk shipping or commodities business;
- Proactive and curious;
- Numerically sensitive;
- Experience with big data, data visualization, business intelligence and analytics;
- Analytical ability.
- Responsible for all shipping market, commodity and trade flow research;
- Responsible for all macroeconomic research;
- Drive and co-ordinate all PB interactions in relation to market and macroeconomic intelligence with research providers such as ship brokers, banks and data providers;
- Responsible to innovate, develop and produce appropriate and impactful continuous, periodical (daily, weekly and monthly) and ad hoc reports using tools and models to help guide decision making in an easy to understand and meaningful manner;
- Assist senior management and the wider commercial team to take well-informed decisions regarding chartering and asset management based on short and long term trends and risks;
- Turn data into insight, produce meaningful analysis and communicate research findings effectively to our internal customers.
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your performance, but also on the basis of your attitude and behavior. Cultural fit and adherence to Company values is of paramount importance. Please apply with a full résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We only accept CVs in pdf format. You may also apply by WhatsApp to +852 6117 6848. WhatsApp is for application only, not for follow up communication. Please make sure there is a covering message and specify the position for which you are applying.
Application deadline: 6 September 2022
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.