Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a fleet of over 250 ships trading worldwide. Our team comprises about 4,600 seafarers and over 365 shore staff in 13 key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
DATA SCIENTIST - HONG KONG
We are currently looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our Digitalization team to be involved in uncovering insights from data, surfacing these insights with best-in-class visualizations that can drive decision making and directly link advanced analytics to our daily processes in order to maximise business value.
- Degree or above in Mathematics, Data Science or related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in applying Data Analytics, and Data Mining within business environment
- Experience within the shipping and / or transportation sector is an advantage
- Hands-on experience in C (and/or variants), R and Python programming is essential
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Able to work independently coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Report to Head of Digitalization
- Be the main driver of our analytics and utilizing data to drive business decisions
- Create, develop and maintain architecture data and business intelligence system
- Get involved and start initiatives in data mining, management and develop analytics model
- Develop analytics algorithm and data roadmap
- Identify and solve business-related problems by using data-driven techniques
- Communicate findings with internal users and prepare reports to present workable solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your performance, but also on the basis of your attitude and behavior. Cultural fit and adherence to Company values is of paramount importance. Please apply with a full résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. We only accept CVs in pdf format. You may also apply by WhatsApp to +852 6117 6848. WhatsApp is for application only, not for follow up communication. Please make sure there is a covering message and specify the position for which you are applying.
Application deadline: 13 September 2022
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.