Lawyer/Senior Lawyer Sanctions and Defence / Charterers & Trader
We are seeking to fill two positions with Gard’s Defence / Charterers & Traders Claims team to be based in our London office. Although the lawyers will sit within the Defence team their role will be primarily to deal with sanctions issues. The split between sanctions/Defence and Charterers and Traders work is likely to be 90%/10%. We have an open mind about how experienced the lawyers we are seeking to recruit should be, provided that they are at least 2 years qualified.
The successful candidate will work primarily with our sanctions team dealing with questions on cover from underwriters and claims handlers. The role involves giving on-the-spot legal advice when requested internally. In addition, there will be the opportunity to deal with dry shipping cases coming in to the Defence/Charterers and traders team in London.
You will work in cooperation with highly engaged and knowledgeable colleagues based in London and Gard’s other offices in Arendal, New York, Singapore, Piraeus, Tokyo and Hong Kong. Managing relationships with colleagues in Gard and with Members and broker will be crucial, as will the ability to proactively deal with enquiries, manage cases, work in a fast paced collaborative team environment with a knowledge sharing mindset and provide value added services to the customer such as training and presentations.
Who are you?
- You are an English qualified lawyer with at least 2 years’ experience but you may be much more senior. Ideally you are working in a sanctions team at a recognized law firm, another P & I club or a trading house.
- You also have experience dealing with dry shipping claims.
- You have the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- You relish the idea of analysing complex sanctions regulations and advising on them in a way that can easily be understood by non lawyers.
- You are enthusiastic and helpful and get on well with your colleagues.
Register your application and CV or find out more via the APPLY button