Ship Manager - Hong Kong
- Pacific Basin Shipping (HK) Limited
- Hong Kong
- Attractive Remuneration
Pacific Basin Shipping Limited is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk vessels. Enhanced by a world class in-house fleet management team, the Company is committed to sustainable shipping with a keen focus on seafarer safety, health and wellbeing, responsible environmental practice, performance optimisation for best fuel and carbon efficiency, and best-in-class service delivery. The Company operates approximately 243 dry bulk ships of which 116 are owned and the rest chartered. Pacific Basin is listed and headquartered in Hong Kong and provides quality services to over 500 customers, with over 3,900 seafarers and 373 shore-based staff in 14 offices in key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following positions:
SHIP MANAGER - HONG KONG
- Class 1 Marine Engineer Certificate;
- 5-years’ experience as Chief Engineer on geared bulk carriers;
- 2-3 years’ relevant experience as Ship Manager/Technical Superintendent of geared bulk carriers or Class surveyor;
- Experienced in dry-docking, surveys, repairs and resolving technical issues;
- Good command of written and spoken English with communication and computer skills;
- Ability to work in multicultural environment both in the office and on board the vessels;
- Willing to travel, train and provide adequate and prompt shore based technical support 7 days a week for safe operation of vessels trading worldwide mainly to USA/Australia and Europe with PRC, Filipino, Russian or Ukrainian seafarers on board.
- Manage 5 geared bulk carriers engaged on worldwide trading reporting to the Fleet Manager;
- Monitor/Control the day to day safe operation of allocated vessels promptly and cost effectively;
- Render adequate shore based technical support to vessels in a timely manner;
- Plan and arrange repairs, surveys and maintain vessels’ Class and Statutory Certificates;
- Carry out routine management inspections of vessels and identify potential issues affecting their operation; and guide crew with solutions;
- Maintain vessels to comply with required international and Company safety, pollution prevention and other operational standards;
- Ensure maintenance procedures are followed as per standard Company policy;
- Schedule dry docking and major repairs;
- Guide and mentor ship staff in conjunction with Fleet Personnel team.
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your performance, but also on the basis of your attitude and behavior. Cultural fit and adherence to Company values is of paramount importance. Please apply with a full résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We only accept CVs in pdf format. Please make sure there is a covering message and specify the position for which you are applying.
Application deadline: 28 March 2023
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.