CHARTERING OFFICER/MANAGER – GAS CARRIERS/TANKERS
CHARTERING OFFICER/MANAGER - GAS CARRIERS
CHARTERING OFFICER - TANKERS
The incumbent will sit in our London office and will be responsible for securing employment for the Company’s Gas Carriers worldwide or the Company’s Tankers West of Suez at optimum rates and terms as per the authority of the Head of Chartering and the Commercial Director, as well as marketing the Company’s fleet to clients and potential clients.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Build and maintain relationships directly with clients and brokers in area of responsibility.
- Provide the Company with daily market fixture information, open cargoes and opinions on market trends. Negotiate Charter Party terms and conditions to Company’s standards.
- Ensure timely and correct documentation of fixtures concluded. Charter Party Administration and position list update.
- Promote in-depth knowledge of, and support for the Company’s values and procedures. Give advice on commercial matters affecting operations and demurrage risk exposure.
- Evaluating market information, and proposal of marketing plans for relevant segment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or its equivalent and minimum 5 years working experience in the LPG/Ammonia shipping industry or 3-5 years working in the Tanker shipping industry.
- Practical experience on chartering of MGCs, LGCs and VLGCs or MRs, LR2s, Aframaxes and Suezmaxes considered a plus.
- Right to work in UK.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good knowledge of the working dynamics of the chartering market; knowledge of office IT applications, eg MS Word, Excel, etc; exceptional negotiation skills.
- Experience with IMOS considered a plus.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the chosen candidate, depending on experience.
Qualified candidates may send their CV along with salary expectations to email@example.com
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified.