Senior Vice President Fleet Management
Höegh LNG is a pioneer within maritime energy infrastructure and a leading innovator, owner and operator of Floating Storage and Regasification Units (FSRUs) and LNG carriers (LNGCs). Both are critical to energy security, and a foundation for future technologies and infrastructure for decarbonization of global energy systems.
For over 50 years, Höegh LNG has connected energy producers and end-users via safe and reliable access to critical and cost competitive LNG infrastructure. FSRUs are strategic assets that provide countries and energy companies with rapid, flexible and cost-efficient access to the global LNG market. Today, half of Höegh LNG’s capacity is deployed in Europe.
Höegh LNG currently has approximately 200 employees onshore and 700 at sea and are present in Norway, Germany, Lithuania, United Kingdom, USA, Singapore, Indonesia, Egypt, Colombia, Brazil, and the Philippines. It is an exciting time to join Höegh LNG, as we continue our rapid growth while having high aspirations together with enthusiastic colleagues worldwide.
Senior Vice President
We are looking to recruit a strategic leader who can lead and develop our ship management activity as a first-class operator and technical manager of the HLNG fleet of FSRUs and LNG carriers
Supporting Höegh LNGs fast and sustainable growth, it is important to continue improving HLNG’s Ship Management activities in compliance with approved strategy, budgets, corporate governance requirements and KPIs.
The role is scoped to be a Senior Vice President position with the sole responsibility for the fleet management department.
Professional Responsibilities and Authority
The SVP Head of Fleet Management has the overall responsibility for organizing and managing all fleet management activities globally.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Develop, maintain and communicate the strategic direction for the ship management activity
- Recruit, organise and lead the team to manage all aspects of fleet management
- Develop processes and tools to support efficient ship management
- Monitor contractual, technical and operational performance of fleet
- Develop, track and report on operating expenses for fleet as overall budget responsible
- Maintain and develop competent and qualified crews for the vessels in compliance with relevant requirements
- Maintain Class and Statutory compliance for entire fleet
- Maintain compulsory certification – ISM, ISPS, ISO9001, ISO14001 and MLC2006 and responsible for continuous improvement as per the ISM code
- Maintain excellent track records from vettings by customers
- Emergency response segment team leader
- Planning and execution of drydocking and class renewal inspections
The ideal candidate for this role
The ideal candidate has a strong track record as an assertive leader who sets clear direction, and provides a good balance of autonomy and accountability to engage the team to deliver results.
Furthermore, we expect to see solid experience from working with most of the core aspects of fleet management within shipping, drilling/offshore or similar industries.
To take on this role we expect the right candidate to have the following critical experience and capabilities:
- Experience from similar roles with strategical, tactical and operational responsibility
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability and personal style to inspire and drive results
- Self-driven with strong leadership skills and ability to work efficiently in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strategic mind-set and analytical approach with a business focused perspective
- Quality and safety-oriented mind set with drive for efficiency improvements and performance to the satisfaction of the key stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate collaboration between diverse cultures both inside and outside the company
- Have a preference for and ability to plan ahead and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to design efficient work processes and organize the resources.
- Deep insight and diligences in budgeting, cost control and reporting
What do you need to know for this position?
With regards to education, we expect a relevant university degree, alternatively a relevant combination of a career onboard and experience in fleet management positions.
On a personal level the SVP Head of Fleet Management must be openminded and curious and have a friendly and cooperative attitude.
Having an analytical approach in problem solving and ability to plan will be important traits in addition to being capable of going deep into matters when the circumstances require it.
Furthermore, she/he should have an international outlook and the ability and willingness to invest the necessary number of hours needed to stay on top of both operational and organizational matters in the fast-growing company, Höegh LNG.
Compensation and location
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package.
Location is at the company’s corporate office at Skøyen, Oslo, Norway
Enquiries regarding the position can be addressed to Resumé – Executive Search by Senior Advisor & Partner Knut Forså, +47 909 24 341
All inquiries are treated confidentially, if desired also to Höegh LNG in the initial phase of the process.
Please note that this position will be subject to a background check.
To apply for this position, please use the form at www.resume.no/hoegh