Dry Bulk Freight Trader (M/F), Singapore
DRY BULK FREIGHT TRADER (M/F)
With offices in Luxembourg, Singapore and Antwerp, Cobelfret focusses on the worldwide transportation of dry bulk commodities such as iron ore, bauxite, coal and grain products, and operates a fleet of owned and chartered bulk carriers ranging from 30.000 up to 200.000 tons of dead weight.
For our Singapore office, we are looking for an experienced Dry Freight Trader (M/F).
Within this function, your main objective will be to expand our supramax / ultramax cargo and tonnage book. Therefore, you will:
- be handling the day-to-day chartering of our cargoes and vessels;
- be closely following the supramax market in the Indian and Pacific basin, and actively looking for trading opportunities;
- be improving existing and developing new relationships with customers and suppliers;
- be involved in the negotiations of period vessels and contracts of affreightment;
- when necessary, be looking for commercial solutions to operational problems.
- you have a significant experience of minimum 5 years in a dry bulk shipping company, of which at least 3 years as chartering executive/manager or freight trader;
- you hold a relevant degree or diploma, ideally in Maritime Sciences;
- fluent in English; knowledge of Mandarin is a plus;
- you have a good knowledge of the Indian & Pacific market and its players;
- you are dynamic and client oriented, have good communication skills and are a good team player; you are willing to work in a small and young team;
- you have sound commercial awareness and excellent negotiation skills;
- you have the ability to make decisions under pressure as well as demonstrate excellent reasoning and analytical skills;
- you are flexible, accurate and reliable.
Cobelfret Pte Ltd offers a permanent contract with an interesting salary package in a dynamic and international company.
If you are interested, please send your resume and letter of application via the "Apply" button with reference “Dry Bulk Freight Trader”.