Head of Technical Procurement – Hong Kong
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a fleet of approximately 260 ships trading worldwide and around 120 of those vessels owned / managed in house. Our team comprises over 3,900 seafarers and over 370 shore staff in 14 key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
HEAD OF TECHNICAL PROCUREMENT - HONG KONG
- Deep experience in ship management and maritime industry procurement;
- Experience in implementing procurement systems and procedures;
- Experience in strategic sourcing and vendor management;
- Engineering knowledge and experience as a superintendent will be advantageous;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Reporting to the Director, Fleet;
- Ensure all purchasing activities support the strategic objectives of the company;
- Implement the company’s purchasing policies while ensuring strict compliance with the company’s procedures and standards;
- Constantly strive to improve the effectiveness of the purchasing function and optimize purchasing activities in close cooperation with the digitalisation and optimisation teams;
- Management reporting as and when required;
- Continuous review of vendors and service providers to achieve best in class supplier management;
- Negotiate contracts and agreements for supply and services including dry-docks, block fee agreements, logistics agreements, bulk purchasing, etc. Negotiate costs for supplies for new projects including new building;
- Assist ship managers and fleet managers in vessel operating expense budget preparation;
- Analyse market and delivery systems to assess present and future availability and alternative sources of supply;
- Monitor new regulations, developments and trends and make recommendations to the management on ways to ensure compliance;
- Regular review of the company’s procurement strategy;
- Work closely with the Fleet Managers and review/ oversee the activities of individual fleet purchasing teams with the support of Purchase Manager and Assistant Purchase Manager.
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your performance, but also on the basis of your attitude and behavior. Cultural fit and adherence to Company values is of paramount importance. Please apply with a full résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. We only accept CVs in pdf format. Please make sure there is a covering message and specify the position for which you are applying.
Application deadline: 5 June 2023
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.