Post Voyage Support Specialist - London / Hong Kong
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a fleet of over 280 ships trading worldwide. Our team comprises over 4,200 seafarers and over 380 shore staff in 14 key locations around the world.
We are establishing a dedicated Post Voyage Support team and we are seeking dynamic and experienced professionals to join our team in London and Hong Kong. This specialised team will leverage digitalisation tools, laytime expertise, analytical skills, and industry knowledge to ensure the seamless post-voyage operations for our business.
POST VOYAGE SUPPORT SPECIALIST - LONDON / HONG KONG
- By leveraging a hybrid digital laytime service, you will assume the responsibility of swiftly and accurately approving laytime calculations generated automatically.
- Offer specialised laytime expertise to tackle intricate cases to achieve a positive outcome.
- Assist in the comprehensive closure of voyages.
- Work closely with stakeholders to resolve any outstanding issues related to completed voyages.
- Liaising with in-house operations, commercial and legal departments on negotiation and settlement of laytime disputes.
Receivable Collection Oversight:
- Responsible for preparing final invoices with the necessary supporting documents.
- Proactively address and resolve any issues before the invoicing process.
- Monitor and ensure timely receipt or issuance of payments.
- Coordinate receivable consolidation with both customers and suppliers.
- Apply analytical skills to interpret data and feedback valuable insights into the business.
- Audit a proportion of laytime calculations to ensure accuracy is being delivered by our digital partner.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance overall operational efficiency.
- Leverage digital tools and systems to streamline processes, enhance accuracy, and improve overall efficiency in post-voyage support.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including operations, finance, and legal, to address and resolve post-voyage challenges effectively.
- Foster strong communication and coordination between the London and Hong Kong teams.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by actively listening to customer needs, providing clear and helpful information, and promptly addressing inquiries or concerns.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Maritime Studies, Business, Logistics).
- Proven experience in dry bulk shipping operations.
- Strong understanding of laytime calculations, digital tools, and industry best practices.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in relevant digital tools and systems.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a global team environment.
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your performance, but also on the basis of your attitude and behavior. Cultural fit and adherence to Company values is of paramount importance. Please apply with a full résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We only accept CVs in pdf format. Please make sure there is a covering message and specify the position for which you are applying.
Application deadline: 12 February 2024
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes