- Rocktree Logistics
Rocktree Logistics (www.rocktree.sg) provides supply chain management solutions to leading dry bulk commodity producers, end users and international trading companies. The group continually seeks out new opportunities, identifying inefficiencies in the existing supply chain, and providing innovating solutions to meet the demands of today’s rapid growing global markets. It currently has operations in Indonesia and Singapore and has built an international network located in major shipping and logistics hubs around the world. It currently employs about 100 people and has two highly specialized offshore floating terminals (OFTs).
In order to support its ambitions for international growth, the group needs to build key capabilities in operations management and has created a new position of:
Operation and Traffic Manager
(Based in Singapore)
Reporting to the Head of Operations based in Singapore, you will lead a dynamic team dedicated to OFT, barge and port operations in the region. You will have three direct reports based in Jakarta and Samarinda in Indonesia.
- Execution and control: Communicate your vision and strategy to the team that results in measurable optimization in areas like barge utilization, efficient loading plans such that time taken in loading, idle-time and congestion are well managed. Take calls on taking additional floating terminals and cranes. Manage and control OPEX, bunkering, and demurrage risk.
- Planning and coordination: Analyze opportunities and design plans improving activities like OFT scheduling, risk and reliability of laycan bookings, barge flow, ocean going vessel nominations, schedule and contractual governance and safe operations. Collect and analyze the data for operational, scheduling and commercial effectiveness.
- People management: Develop the right people capabilities and shape an organizational culture that will ensure success.
- Stakeholder management: Identify and cultivate strong relationships internally with colleagues in different locations and externally with key customers.
You have managed logistics operations with a successful track record in managing relationships, operations and teams. You have sensitivity to marine logistics. You have a good knowledge of operative and technical aspects shipping business. You are excited by modeling complex optimization processes in SCM arena. You have demonstrated exceptional abilities in designing improvement strategies; a significant part of which has been complex operations with multiple constraints (and may have worked in management consulting). As a people manager and entrepreneur, you are able to demonstrate pragmatism, leadership and a strong ability to make things happen even if it means 24/7 alertness. Owing to your charisma and great communication skills, you have successfully managed complex operational demands.
- Unlimited scope for new initiatives and leadership
- A rare opportunity to be part of a truly international team
- Enjoy the complexity embodied in a very challenging role
- Take charge growing operations of a highly innovative company
- Benefit from opportunity to grow your career in a rapidly growing organisation
Please submit your application and CV by going to the Jobs and Career section at www.mercuriurval.sg (Ref: SG-KKS-1777) indicating your salary expectations and earliest availability. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.